San Antonio Rideshare Accident Attorney
Knowledgeable Rideshare Accident Lawyers Serving San Antonio, Texas
With rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft on the rise, there is an increase in accidents and injuries as a result of these companies’ negligence. Despite their widespread usage, the rideshare companies do not have a stringent monitoring system or background checks beyond the last 7 years. In the event of a rideshare accident in Texas, you have the potential to file a claim against either the driver or the company and need our San Antonio rideshare accident attorney to guide you along the way.
Some studies have estimated that the number of accidents involving rideshare vehicles is increasing along with the growth of the rideshare industry. A recent study by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) found that fatal crashes involving rideshare vehicles increased by 60% from 2015 to 2018. Other studies have estimated that rideshare accidents result in hundreds of thousands of insurance claims each year, with the cost of claims rising as the industry continues to grow.
How Do San Antonio Rideshare Accidents Occur?
Rideshare accidents can happen due to a variety of factors, such as:
- Distracted driving: The rideshare driver may be distracted by their phone, GPS, or other device while operating the vehicle.
- Reckless driving: The rideshare driver may engage in reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding, tailgating, or running red lights.
- Vehicle maintenance: Poor vehicle maintenance can contribute to accidents, such as tire blowouts or brake failure.
- Road conditions: Poor road conditions, such as potholes or wet roads, can also cause rideshare accidents.
- Other drivers: The actions of other drivers on the road can also contribute to rideshare accidents, such as reckless driving or failure to obey traffic laws.
- Mechanical failure: Rideshare vehicles, like all vehicles, can experience mechanical failures that may lead to accidents.
Regardless of the cause of a rideshare accident, it is important to seek medical attention and consult with a San Antonio personal injury attorney to determine your rights and options for recovery.
What To Do If Injured In A Rideshare Accident
In general, rideshare accidents can be caused by a variety of factors such as driver error, vehicle malfunctions, poor weather conditions, and road hazards. If involved in a rideshare accident, it is recommended to:
- Seek medical attention if necessary.
- Report the accident to the police and the rideshare company.
- Collect information such as contact information of witnesses, photos of the scene, and the driver’s name and insurance information.
- Contact a San Antonio rideshare accident attorney.
Liability In Rideshare Accidents
In a rideshare accident, liability can depend on the circumstances and the laws of the jurisdiction where the accident occurred. Generally, if the rideshare driver was at fault, they may be held liable for damages or injuries caused in the accident. However, if the driver was acting as an independent contractor and not within the scope of their employment with the rideshare company at the time of the accident, the rideshare company may not be held liable. In some cases, the insurance of both the rideshare driver and the rideshare company may provide coverage for damages or injuries sustained in a rideshare accident. It is important to consult with a San Antonio rideshare accident attorney to determine who may be liable in a specific case.
Contact a Trevino San Antonio Lyft & Uber Accident Attorney Today
The San Antonio rideshare accident attorneys at Trevino Law are willing and ready to fight for you to get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to speak with our experienced team.